How Directions can help your business
Chosen by 95% of our clients, this service provides you with full support from beginning to end.
- Employment and workforce planning advice
- Workplace safety checks
- Recruitment and selection, including advertising, aptitude testing, pre-screening and shortlisting
- Onboarding, including an employee and general safety induction
- Coordination of site induction with host
- All employer obligations including payroll, workers compensation, PAYE and superannuation
- Management of all TAFE off the job and on the job training and assessment
- Progress reporting
- Issues management including discipline
- Coordination of all state and federal requirements including training contracts
- Regular site visits (usually 6 weekly) to monitor progress and liaise with apprentices/trainees, host supervisors and other stakeholders as required
- Ongoing advice and assistance
The costs of all these benefits are put into a simple, fixed-cost invoice, making budgeting and cash management easy!
You can read more about our unique billing style here.
The key to a successful apprenticeship or traineeship starts at the beginning with choosing the right candidate for the job and for your business. Recruiting at entry level is not like any other kind of recruitment. Directions has employed more than 3,000 apprentices and trainees and has the experience with tried and tested processes for this specific type of recruitment.
Directions’ offers a recruitment only service for employers who are wanting to employ directly but would like to save time and money having experts in apprentice and trainee recruitment do the hard work for them.
We can ensure the advertising, aptitude testing, pre-screening, shortlisting, reference checks and interviews with potential apprentices or trainees are seamlessly taken care of, all for a single, competitive fee.
A successful apprenticeship or traineeship means ensuring your people get the support they need to become better tradespeople and better employees.
Directions can help you get your apprentice or trainee off to the right start by monitoring training on and off the job, liaising with TAFE, and providing guidance and support to the apprentice/trainee and their supervisor for the first six months of their program.
Make no mistake. This is not the same as other mentoring services. It is specially designed, largely face to face and from the people who know apprenticeships best.
Take advantage of Directions 30+ years experience in employing and supporting apprentices and trainees across Perth and regional Western Australia and ensure you and your apprentices and trainees get the most out of the experience.