10 Good Reasons to Employ a Trainee
Based on feedback from employers just like you, here are 10 very good reasons to take on an apprentice or trainee in your business.
- Build a learning culture, which improves the skills of your whole workforce, not just the apprentice or trainee.
- Enhance productivity; research shows that those companies who employ apprentices and trainees have better productivity than those who don’t.
- Develop supervisory skills in your existing workforce.
- Provides a positive return on investment as you enhance organisational capability and reduce overheads. Employers who train report tangible financial results.
- An improved safety awareness, performance and culture in the workplace.
- Apprentices and trainees can be trained to meet the specific needs of your business while also gaining nationally recognised skills and qualifications.
- Increases your ability to gain contracts and new work.
- Improves staff engagement and reduces turnover.
- Adds significantly to staff morale and loyalty.
- By the time they are qualified, you have a skilled specialist worker who knows your business and your customers.