The Career Centre is designed to assist people at any point throughout their lives make educational, training and occupational choices to manage their careers.
We can help you at any point in your life to make choices about your career and training options. Our aim is to support the individual and ensure that we give appropriate advice and guidance. We will endeavour to build capacity with training in self directed research using approved tools and skills.
Our services are offered face to face, online or over the phone. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, looking for a career change or still at school, our trained and experienced staff can assist you.
- One on one career guidance
- Information on training courses
- Referrals to training providers and other services
- Access to online career development resources
- Workshops that improve your skills and assist you in looking for work
- Free computer access for job search activities
2017 Workshop Schedule
All workshops run from 10am to 11am at our Northam Office unless otherwise stated.
|Online Job Search Tips & Techniques||
|5 Oct Resume Workshop
6 Oct Interview Essentials
12 Oct Resume Workshop
19 Oct Resume Workshop
20 Oct Online Job Search Tips & Techniques
26 Oct Resume Workshop
27 Oct Interview Essentials
Call (08) 9622 6500 to secure your seat today.
Career services to schools
We can work with teachers and students to develop:
- Personalised career guidance
- Career planning and pathway plans
- Online research skills
- Job search skills and techniques
- Applying for jobs, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Skills addressing selection criteria
- Preparing resumes, interview techniques and self marketing skills
- Work experience preparation
Directions – offering opportunities and advice:
- Apprenticeships and traineeships
- Personalised Career Guidance to help you map your future pathways.
Careers Outreach Service
The Career Centre provides FREE career guidance for everyone in the Wheatbelt, at any stage, employed or not. We can do this through FREE one on one sessions or small group workshops in your local area or by phone. Through guidance sessions we can discuss questions you may have.
Career Centre Staff
Our staff come from a wide range of backgrounds and workplace experience with an understanding of local business and industry. Clients can be assured of a confidential, quality service provided by professionals who are trained in workforce and career development. We are committed to support individuals to develop skills to manage their careers.
Career Centres are a service funded by the Department of Training and Workforce Development.