Jobs & Skills Centre
About Jobs & Skills Centre
As part of the WA Government’s move to amalgamate all its funded career and employment services under one banner, both Directions Workforce Solutions’ contracted Career Centre and our Aboriginal Workforce Development Centre (AWDC) have had a name change and are in a new location.
Both the Career Centre and the AWDC now come under the one banner of Jobs & Skills Centre as part of the broader Jobs & Skills WA.
The Department of Training and Workforce Development has also asked us to relocate our Jobs & Skills Centre services to premises at Central Regional TAFE in Hutt Street Northam.
Our team is made up of local people who have considerable knowledge and experience in the region and local communities, expertise in Aboriginal workforce development, and with working with local employers.
How can we help you?
Directions’ Jobs & Skills Centre team in the Wheatbelt can provide free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities including careers advice, information on training options including apprenticeships and traineeships, and help with job searching and direct links into work.
We provide free and independent training information and career guidance to assist you with information on education and training courses, career pathway options and the career planning process.
We can help you with:
- discovering your career interests and focusing your career choices
- career planning tools and resources
- your job search including help with resumés and job applications
- free workshops to develop your job-searching and job-winning skills
- help to choose the right training course or qualification to suit your personal, work or career goals, and
- culturally sensitive employment and career services for Aboriginal people
- access to our Jobs Board
Our friendly team are ready to assist you with information on:
- skills and qualification recognition
- career pathways
- education and training options
- apprenticeships and traineeships
- the local labour market
- industry areas and occupations
We can also assist employers and businesses to create a more culturally aware workplace that can attract and retain Aboriginal employees.
For more information about these services, please contact us at 9622 6860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Jobs & Skills Centre team can provide the following services to employers and businesses.
- advertising your employment opportunities on our free job boards
- workforce development advice
- information on training and/or courses
- advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
We will also engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
To find out more about these services and how we can help you please contact us at 9622 6860 or email email@example.com