At Directions, we respect and protect the privacy of our customers and employees.
Directions employees are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals.
Directions only collect personal information in order to perform its core business activities and functions and to meet legal obligations.
The personal information must be collected in a lawful, fair, and not unreasonably intrusive way. It must be kept accurate, stored securely, and destroyed when it is no longer needed.
Directions take all reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records.
Directions may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, such as direct marketing, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
In general, Directions will only use or disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to conduct our business,
- to provide and market our services,
- to communicate to our clients,
- to comply with our legal obligations, or
- to help us manage and enhance our services.
We may disclose personal information to:
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as service partners or consultants),
- government departments and agencies,
- where disclosure is required by law, or where reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a law or for the protection of public revenue, or
- anyone else with permission to do so authorises us to disclose
We may also collect personal information from these organisations and individuals and will also manage this information in accordance with this policy.